Third Examination Session 2011-2012
Until July 15 you could register for all courses you want to retake in the third examination session in your study progress file (see manual). If you have not done this, you can still contact the student secretary until July 31. Pay attention to the fact you should not only register for courses with oral or written exams, but also for courses with a paper or thesis (including the MA and MPhil thesis).
The exam dates will be available in your IES (Individual Exam Schedule) on Friday, August 3.
For oral exams you should ignore the ending times indicated in your IES. Make sure though that you are present at the exam location at the latest at the beginning time mentioned in your IES.
Please check the exact time and the room for each exam the day before. Minor schedule changes may occur during the actual examination period.
You can cancel exams you are registered for in your IES (after August 3).
For all problems or questions regarding exams and deliberation, please contact the examination ombudsperson.
Attestation of Presence Form (APF)
You can collect your APF from the Student Secretariat (Dries Simons). The APF is the student’s proof of having fulfilled a course requirement, and indicates to the secretariat that a grade for that requirement exists.
MA and MPhil Theses
Students in a 'thesis year' can submit their thesis for the first examination session:
- Last day for submission: Friday, August 17. Before this date the student uploads a soft copy (pdf) of his/her thesis in Toledo and submits 3 printed copies to the Student Secretariat.
- Defences: Friday, September 7
- Examination Committee meeting (deliberation): Wednesday, September 12
Announcement and Discussion of Exam Results
- Examination Committee meeting (deliberation): Wednesday, September 12, 11:00
Announcement of results: Wednesday, September 12, 13:00
- You can pick up your transcript in the International Programme Office of the Institute.
- Sometime between 13:00 and 17:00, your exam results will also be made available in your Study Progress File in KU Loket. From the moment they are avaible, you will be notified via an email in your KU Leuven mailbox. It makes no sense to open your KU Loket before you have received this email (this will only overload and slow down the system); make sure though there is some space left in your KU Leuven mailbox.
- Solemn proclamation: graduating students will be invited to the graduation ceremony which is held on Wednesday, September 12, at 18:00 in the Kardinaal Mercierzaal.
- In the 5-day period after the announcement of the results, students can see the professors for individual examination feedback.
- If you have any question with regard to your overall result or you study progression, you can contact the International Programme Office.
- Attention: if you want to lodge an appeal against your exam result you must do this within 5 days after proclamation. Consequently, it is very important that you either pick up your exam result on September 12, or consult your results in KU Loket as soon as possible.
For more information on exams please check this webpage or the printed Study Guide.